Waco Wildlife Control and Wildlife Removal
We typically receive an increased amount of calls from Fall to Winter in regards to woodland critters cavorting in and around our customers’ homes, especially those located near parks, golf courses, creeks and heavily forested areas. The presence of wild animals can be quite problematic for homeowners, as they are known to damage plants and greenery in yards, spread diseases like rabies and carry other dangerous pests, including fleas and ticks, into the home.
Squirrels, raccoons, skunks, opossums and other wildlife are apt to wander closer to human environments in search of food, water and shelter. As these and other wild animals pose various health and property risks, we encourage homeowners to take steps to prevent an intrusion.
Utilize the following prevention tips for to ensure wildlife stays in the wild as the season changes:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Install a mesh cover or cap over chimneys.
- Cover exhaust fan openings, soffit and attic vents, and tops of window wells.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Keep tree limbs cut back 6 to 8 feet from the roofline and store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Keep garbage in a secure container that cannot be opened by raccoons.
- Place birdbaths where wildlife cannot reach them or provide birds with water away from the home. Birdbaths, fountains or pet water dishes may draw wildlife pests, especially where water is scarce.
- Do not leave brush, leaf piles or other debris to accumulate.
Some wildlife may be seen as cute and cuddly, but the public should not attempt to remove any wild animals on their own. It’s best to contact your local pest control professional for assistance. Waco Wildlife Control & Removal Services from iPest Solutions. Contact us today to get free estimate on wildlife elimination services in the greater Waco Area!
For more information on nuisance wildlife, please contact us!